Tour Dates: April 9th to 25th, 2021
Discover the magic of Ecuador’s biodiversity and culture on an exploration of the rural and urban charms of one of South America’s most rewarding destinations.
Along the Andean Mountain range, we admire the contrast between the equatorial lushness in the valley and glacial volcanoes. Find treasures at the largest market in South America where numerous Indigenous groups come to barter, and later slip into a world of “ahhh” in a mountain hot spring. Our tour takes us into the Amazon to see jungle wildlife, its impressive landscapes with exotic flora, fauna and a rich culture. Best of all, all these flavours are packed together, so you can be in the jungle in the morning and at the foot of a glacier by the evening. Ecuador also has one gem found nowhere else: the pristine and fragile Galápagos Islands made famous through the writings of Charles Darwin.
The ultimate experience for animal lovers awaits in the Galápagos Islands, where an incredibly diverse and unique array of wildlife prosper among fertile lands and volcanic formations. The most attractive aspect of this trip is that it is not a cruise, but rather a land-based adventure that allows for more time and greater immersion in not only the natural splendour of this special place but also in its unique and little-known island culture.
Quito (2 nights), Otavalo (1), Papallacta Hot Springs (2), Amazon (3), Banos (1), Quito (1), San Cristobal Island (2), Santa Cruz Island (3), Quito (1)
- Quito City tour
- Visit the community of San Clemente and enjoy lunch in a local home
- Overnight in a historic hacienda
- Explore the Otavalo handicraft market
- Learn about traditional weaving during a visit to an artisan’s studio
- Relax at Papallacta hot springs
- Explore Ecuador’s Amazon rain forest—on foot and by boat
- Drive the spectacular Avenue of the Volcanoes, lined by some of Ecuador’s highest peaks
- Walkthrough Omaere Ethnobotanical Park and learn how Ecuador’s indigenous peoples use native plants in their daily lives
- Interpretive island walks to learn about Galápagos wildlife
- Meet endangered Galápagos giant tortoises
- Encounter unique species and pristine landscapes
- Snorkel and kayak in waters rich with shimmering fish, sea turtles, penguins, and playful sea lions.
- And much more…
Tour price includes:
- 15 nights’ accommodation based on double occupancy
- Meals: all breakfasts, 6 lunches and 7 dinners
- All admissions and cultural visits listed in the itinerary
- Transit Control Card & Galapagos Park Fee
- Internal Flights
- Air-conditioned motorcoach transportation
- Fully escorted by a Canadian Tour Leader and Ecuador & Galapagos (naturalist) guide
Not included: Travel insurance, airfare and transfers if you are deviating from the scheduled group transfer.
In order to make each tour a special experience, space is limited to 20 people. We encourage you to book early to avoid disappointment and for the best airfares.
Flights: Call us for flight and airfare information from your closest airport in Canada as we can often access flights not easily found on the Internet and offer alternatives.
Terms, conditions and restrictions apply; pricing, availability, and other details subject to change and/ or apply to US or Canadian residents. Please confirm details and booking information with your travel advisor.