Alaskan Cruise + Yukon + Denali
Small Group Land & Sea Journey with Holland America Line
10 Days MS Nieuw Amsterdam - July 21 to 30, 2018
Escorted by Nette Bacaling a Cruise Specialist who worked with Holland America for several years.
You’ll venture deep into the Yukon and back in time to 1898, when gold was discovered in a tributary of the Klondike River. Follow in the footsteps of the “Sourdoughs” to seldom-visited Whitehorse, rugged capital of the Yukon Territory. Walk the boardwalk of rough-and-tumble Dawson City, with its false-front buildings, unpaved streets and Klondike Gold Rush heritage. Ride the narrow-gauge White Pass & Yukon Route Railroad, a civil engineering landmark, through breathtakingly beautiful terrain to the White Pass summit. Your explorations continue in Denali National Park and Preserve, one of Earth’s most magnificent places. At six million pristine acres, the Park is home to moose, caribou, wolves, Dall sheep, grizzly bears and North America’s highest peak, Mt. Denali (formerly Mt. McKinley), towering over the Park at more than 20,000 feet high.
10 DAY ALASKAN CRUISE + YUKON + DOUBLE DENALI – LAND AND SEA JOURNEY
July 21 – 30, 2018 (Vancouver to Anchorage)
|1||Vancouver||Sail from Vancouver, glide under the Lion’s Gate Bridge, and enter the
scenic wonders of the
|2||At Sea||Relax and enjoy a full day of scenic Inside Passage cruising and immerse
yourself in Holland
America Line elegance.
|3||Tracy Arm||This morning you have the chance to explore the stunning beauty of Tracy
Arm and the Sawyer
Glaciers on an optional excursion.
As we journey along the coast, this afternoon we make a stop in Juneau to explore the Alaska’s capital. Choose from exciting optional shore excursions and still have time to Shop.
|4||Whitehorse||Meet your Journey Host in Skagway
before departing aboard the historic White Pass train
to Fraser, then on to Whitehorse via Explorer coach.
|5||Dawson City||Follow the route of Klondike gold stampeders in style to Dawson City, with
an included lunch
stop in historic Minto.
|6||Fairbanks||Your journey continues as you board a short flight bound for Fairbanks,
Alaska’s Golden Heart
|7||Denali||Today it’s off to Denali for a two night stay at this magnificent national
|8||Denali||Today features the unforgettable Tundra Wilderness Tour. This 6-8 hour
fully narrated sightseeing
excursion is a deep dive into Denali National Park – the very best chance of seeing
both the mountain itself and Denali’s iconic wildlife(snack included).
|9||Anchorage||This morning, board a luxurious domed rail cars of the McKinley Explorer bound
where you will bid farewell to your Journey Host.
|10||Anchorage||Your Land + Sea Journey concludes this morning in Anchorage .
- 3 night Alaskan Cruise + 6 night Land Journey with Holland America’s MS Nieuw Amsterdam
- Transfer from Vancouver Airport to Canada Place Cruise Terminal. Return transfer from Anchorage Hotel to the Airport on the day of the Cruise. Not included with any deviations.
- Gourmet or Casual dining daily “As you wish” with breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks on the 3 night cruise and for the Land Journey optional meal plans are available for purchase at the latest 3 weeks prior departure
- Choice of an Inside stateroom category J, Ocean view stateroom category D, Verandah stateroom category VB, or Suite upgrades are available
- McPhail Travel Cruise Specialist Escort
- Price for the Pre-night hotel in Vancouver is not included and it is optional
- Flights from Winnipeg to Vancouver & Anchorage to Winnipeg are not included and will be available 330 days prior departure. Please call for pricing
- Optional shore excursions available at each port for purchase
CRUISE ONLY PRICES PER PERSON
Inside Stateroom Category J - $2,842.10 plus taxes $319.77 based on Double Occupancy
Ocean View Stateroom Category D - $3,154.10 plus taxes $319.77 based on Double Occupancy
Verandah Stateroom Category VB with Balcony - $3,518.10 plus taxes $319.77 based on Double Occupancy
(Other categories & for Single and Triple Occupancy, please call for pricing)
Cruise deposit of $870.00 per person and medical insurance is mandatory plus optional cancellation and interruption travel insurance due at time of booking.
FINAL PAYMENT DUE BY APRIL 20, 2018
Cancellation Policy: In the event that you have to cancel you must notify McPhail Travel immediately in writing. The following scale of charges will apply according to the date that the notice is received. Air penalties may differ and will be discussed at the time of ticket purchase.
|95 days or more||Deposit Only|
|79 to 30 days||50% of cruise cost|
|29 days or less||100%|